Monday, April 03, 2006

HOWIEZINE 6: SUPERHEROES

I've had the distinct pleasure to be involved on a couple of occasions in a really cool project with a number of other talented designers. The project is called the HOWieZine. You can learn more about the origins of the project and see previous incarnations of the finished product here.

HOWieZine.com

This past HOWieZine, HOWieZine 6 used a theme that I had suggested, superheroes. So when it came to putting it together, I was elated to be able to design the covers. These are the inside and outside covers I submitted. Let me know what you think. At the bottom of the post is the subject I used for my inspiration. A small statuette I have of Superman. He made a great photographic model. I shot about a hundred photos of him in all kinds of light, turned out pretty good don't you think? For the inside front and back covers, I grabbed some of my classic comics from my collection, spread them out on the futon in my office and stood on a chair to photograph them. I like the effect, kind of a montage of great classic comic literature!


















































And here's the finished product...a hand-bound 'zine showcasing every contributing designer's take on the given theme.

1 comment:

kgiff said...

I'm so upset I missed out on this zine. Love, love, love the covers! Awesome job!