Jeff Andrews Design has joined designerID. (www.designerid.com)
designerID was developed by Brian Hock, a 15-year design veteran and graduate of Bowling Green State University. Hock refined the business strategy and concept at the AIGA-sponsored “Business Perspectives for Design Leaders” program held at Harvard Business School during the summer of 2005. Hock was one of 40 design professionals selected to participate in the program, which included a diverse group of design leaders from a wide range of companies including Cisco Systems, Target, Yahoo, IBM, Razorfish, and many mid-size to smaller firms.
Launched February 2006, designerID.com is a web-based, virtual design community serving designers, design students and schools, organizations and suppliers. It provides members with an easy-to-use way to stay in touch with fellow designers and an easy-to-search design library.
• The site was originally developed in response to design schools' inability to stay in contact with past graduates. While the site has expanded to offer a range of services to the design community, it supports the educational community by serving as a conduit between design schools and alumni and by enabling design students to have their work critiqued by design professionals.
• Member designers can use the website to post their profile and examples of their work; research the type of work being produced locally, nationally and internationally; send and receive emails; and receive up-to-date news on competitions, conferences, and new products.
• Design schools can create their own school page; be featured in the site's school directory; send targeted messages directly to member alumni; share unlimited examples of student work or let member alumni populate the school's page; and send messages directly to all designer members about special school programs, seminars, or events.
• Design firms can use the site to research work, create a company page, share unlimited examples of the types of work they do, send targeted messages about the company directly to members, and be listed in the site's company directory.
• Supplier members can create a company page, send targeted messages about products or services directly to members, and be listed in the site's directory.
View the Jeff Andrews Design profile.