Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Need Some Good Inspirational Instrumental Music?


I've found that I am much more creative when I am listening to good music. It's something about the stimulation the brain receives. In any regard, without delving too deeply into the why's or how's of it, I wanted to point out a great resource for some fantastic "free" instrumental music you can listen to online.

the music is from the soundtrack of the recently released movie Pan's Labyrinth. A fantasy described thusly: Award-winning filmmaker Guillermo del Toro delivers a unique, richly imagined epic with PAN’S LABYRINTH, a gothic fairytale set against the postwar repression of Franco’s Spain. Harnessing the formal characteristics of classic folklore to a 20th Century landscape, del Toro delivers a timeless tale of good and evil, bravery and sacrifice, love and loss.

Though I have yet to see the film, I've recently discovered that the entire soundtrack is available for listening right on the official website. until I'm able to download or buy the music outright, I've found it particularly worthwhile to visit the website and peruse the soundtrack there.

Here is the link to the official website, once you're there, click on 'interact' and then 'soundtrack' at the bottom right. there are a number of other great features and downloads on the website as well, I urge you to explore...and see the film when you're able, if you appreciate this genre. From what I have gathered, it has received a number of very positive and favorable reviews.

Enjoy!

http://www.panslabyrinth.com/

No comments: