Friday, June 10, 2005

I THINK I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG DECADE!

Here's something most people don't know about me, I LOVE Old Time Radio Programs! I started listening to them when I was just a kid, fiddling with the AM radio dial until I found something intriguing to listen to as I tried to fall asleep at an early bedtime. The innocence and humor! The mystery and adventure! Yes I was hooked early on. Of course, I grew up in the 70's and 80's, so what I was listening to were either rebroadcasts of earlier shows, or the CBS Radio Mystery Theater which aired during that time and emulated greatly those older broadcasts. Regardless, I was hooked, I can still remember the stories from so many of those old programs. Stories you “saw” in your head, not on any TV or movie screen. Over the years, I've collected a huge assortment of programs. First on audio tape, later on CD or CD-R. I've found that I love to travel with a stack of Old Time Radio Cd's on hand, the time just flies by on those long road trips! I also listen alot while I work, I find that it's stimulating to listen while in that creative groove. Just check out my work on BadDesignKills.com and tell me my little “killer” doesn't lend alot of it's origins to an afternoon of listening to The Shadow! I've recently come across a great website database that lists several great links to listen to and download old time radio programs for free. And I thought I'd share. if you're at all interested, click on the image below to be taken directly to the website...Have fun!

No comments: