Friday, July 07, 2006

A departure....

Ran across this photograph a few days ago. It sure takes me back.

This is a photograph of Andrews men. My grandfather and two of his four sons. My father in the middle and my uncle Bill to his left. From left to right in front you see my cousin Page, my brother Rhett and then myself holding my baby cousin Shad. This photo would have to be from the early 80's. It brings out alot of emotion in me as my grandfather and uncle are no longer with us. My cousin Page wrote off the family and doesn't keep in touch with anyone anymore and that baby is now a senior in college.

Where did the time go? We used to have a great time visiting my uncle's house up there in Pendleton...riding motorcycles and spending alot of time in the great game room he had in the house. Pool table, pinball machine, soda on tap at the bar etc...it was so different then life at home for my brother and I. Needless to say, we LOVED it!

Good times! What I'd give for a time machine some days.

No comments: